We painted trees through the seasons using sponges and cotton wool tips.
As I’m sure you know the 5k Walk/Run takes place this Sunday at 12pm. Please read below some details about the event.
• This is an event organised in association with Naomh Mhuire Athletic Club, Daingean with all money raised going to our school.
• It is licensed by the Athletics Association of Ireland.
• Registration is open on www.popupraces.ie and from 10am on Sunday at the school.
• Cost of entry is €10 per person and €20 per family.
• Safety of all participants is paramount. Please note roads will not be closed for this event.
• There will be marshals positioned at various locations along the route and all instructions given by them must be followed by all participants.
• All children taking part must be under the supervision of their parents and guardians.
• School staff and parents involved in the organisation of the race will not be responsible for the supervision of children.
• Refreshments will be available in the hall after the race. Anyone wishing to drop in sandwiches, scones or buns can do so from 10am on Sunday morning.
• All participants will be entered in a raffle which will take place after the race.
• Thanks to all those who have helped in any way in the organisation of this run and to all who have given sponsorship of any kind. Your generosity is very much appreciated.
• Finally, and most importantly, I wish everyone a safe and enjoyable walk or run on Sunday.
Well done to both our teams who played their first matches in the Cumann na mBunscol football competitions. They played really well and both matches were very exciting.
Our girls lost to Bracknagh and our boys lost to Clonmacnoise.
Our girls play Kilcormac in Kilcormac next Wednesday 25th of September. Time to be arranged.
The boys play Pullough in Pullough at 3.30pm on Thursday September 26th.
“This is me!”
“Be a rainbow in someone else’s cloud”
All support appreciated for our biggest fundraiser of the year! The Geashill 5k Run/Walk takes place on Sunday 22nd September at 12 midday. Registration on www.popupraces.ie or at the school on the day from 10am.
Football training takes place on Wednesday 11th September at the school from 3pm to 4pm. Please remember gear and gum shields. This is for girls from 4th to 6th Classes and for boys from 3rd to 6th.
See the calendar for the 2019/2020 school year here.
The team at Kids Klubhouse would like to invite all parents to come meet with them on Thursday the 5th of September at 5pm in the school hall. This is for all parents who are immediately interested in signing up for the after school programme and also for any parents who would just like to say hello and ask questions for the future. Everyone is welcome so please come by. We would love to meet you and please bring the kids along too.
Kids Klubhouse Afterschool Programme – 2.00 PM – 6.00 PM
The after school option is a small and intimate club so children will feel relaxed in the creative and bright environment, allowing them to chillax after a long day of school. It is a safe, age-appropriate space where children can continue to develop their social, physical, intellectual and emotional skills. We cater for all age groups, classes and needs. The afternoon routine revolves around the children and ensuring that all of their needs are met, big or small.
Children will be provided with a calm and relaxing environment with a choice of play activities to end their day at school
Activities to include:
Weekly Theme painting and games, Seasonal Activities, Home from Home box, Lego, Music, Playdough, Exercise, Dance, Book Time, Scrape Book Art, Free Play to name but a few activities….
Our after-school team will communicate regularly with the children about their activities and give genuine consideration to their feedback and suggestions. Our aim is to create a space that children love to spend time in – so who better to give us this guidance?!
Children will receive help and support in their homework activities (if desired).
After School Fee is based on an Hourly Rate
· Pre-booking essential (Terms and Conditions)
· Please contact Louise on 0838604751 or alternatively email email@example.com
Please also be aware that there is now a government subsidy available to families. Please visit www.dcya.gov.ie for further information on how to access the national childcare scheme.