The AGM of the Parents’ Council takes place on Monday 22nd October at 8.30pm in the school. Hopefully a good representation of parents will be able to attend. All parents welcome.
Thanks again to all those who have given their time so freely to the Parents’ Council over the last year. This support is vital to our school and is very much appreciated.
Our girls’ football team play Kilcormac/Broughal in the Group E Cumann na mBunscol Final in O’Connor Park on Wednesday 24th October at 12.15pm. All support welcome. Please note there will be a €5 entry charge.
We have been very busy in 5th & 6th Classes over the last number of weeks.
In Geography we have been drawing mind maps of our local area as well as the world.
In Maths we have been working on many topics such as Angles and Graphs.
In History we have been learning about the Ancient Greeks and their lives. As part of English writing we used what we learned in History to write diary entries about a day in the life of a Greek boy or girl.
We have also written some autumn poems.
In Science we have been learning about the heart and the job it does. We carried out experiments where we measured our pulse rates at rest and after exercise. We showed our results on trend graphs.
In Art we have been working on portraits and with clay.
Over 30 children from 3rd to 6th Classes represented our school in the Offaly Primary Schools’ Cross Country Athletics which took place in Tullamore Harriers on Wednesday 3rd October. They all performed very well, competed to their best and had an enjoyable afternoon. Well done to them all for their hard work over the last number of weeks and for being selected to take part.
A big thank you to everyone who contributed to make our fundraising run such an enjoyable and successful event. There was a real community spirit on display and your support is very much appreciated.
Special word of thanks to our Parents’ Council and Naomh Mhuire Athletic Club, Daingean for all the planning and organising.
As I’m sure you know the 5k Walk/Run takes place this Sunday at 12pm. Please read below some details about the event.
- This is a Naomh Mhuire Athletic Club, Daingean event with all monies raised going to our school.
- It is licensed by the Athletics Association of Ireland.
- Registration will be open from 10am and will take place in the infant classroom.
- Cost of entry is €10 per person and €15 per family.
- Safety of all participants is paramount. Please note roads will not be closed for this event.
- There will be marshals positioned at various locations along the route and all instructions given by them must be followed by all participants.
- All children taking part must be under the supervision of their parents and guardians.
- School staff and parents involved in the organisation of the race will not be responsible for the supervision of children.
- Refreshments will be available in the hall after the race. Anyone wishing to drop in sandwiches, scones or buns can do so from 10am on Sunday morning.
- All participants will be entered in a raffle which will take place after the race.
- Thanks to all those who have helped in any way in the organisation of this run and to all who have given sponsorship of any kind. Your generosity is very much appreciated.
- Finally, and most importantly, we wish everyone a safe and enjoyable walk or run on Sunday.
We had the opportunity to sample a wide variety of apples today brought in by a Senior Infant pupil. We looked at and compared 10 different varieties and they were all delicious. We even created our own apple characters during Art.
We had a great week in school this week. On Wednesday we went on an autumn nature walk and on Friday we had a picnic with all our lovely teddy bears.
All support for The Great Geashill Fun Run/Walk will be very much appreciated.
Please see a copy of the calendar for the new school year here.